Rheem RTE 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater Review
Not everyone looking for a tankless water heater needs one that can provide water for every sink and tub in the home. Some people want something that will work with just one application such as a bathroom sink or a dishwasher. That is why we found the Rheem RTE 13, which is perfect for use on single applications.
The RTE 13 is an affordable hot water heater suitable for residential and commercial buildings. Find out more about this tankless model like how it can supply you with four gallons of hot water every minute.
- Requires 240 volts or 13 kilowatts of power to supply a single application with hot water
- Designed for single application units such as a kitchen appliance or a bathroom shower
- Comes with a user manual that gives you tips on how to use it and shows you how to install it
- Works with both modern circuit breakers and old-fashioned fuse boxes
- Weighs 7.3 pounds, which is significantly less than other models
- Comes with a parts warranty that covers all its parts for a full year after your purchase
- A separate warranty covers the heat exchanger inside for a full 10 years after you install it
- Measures 10 inches by 7.25 inches by eight inches
- Has a flow rate that varies between 0.4 gallons and four gallons per minute
- Works as a whole house heater in smaller homes and works effectively as a single point of application heater
- Suitable for residential and commercial properties but may need special wiring for use in some buildings
- Lets you recoup your total investment in just two years or less based on how much you’ll save on your water heating bills
- Temperature controller lets you pick a low, medium or high setting rather than a certain temperature
- Features red and green lights to show you when it is on and working and when it’s in standby mode
- Works great when used in a specific area of your home like a bathroom or kitchen
- Has a convenient size that won’t take up space
- Has an old-fashioned design that lacks the modern/digital controls that many shoppers want
- Will not work on multiple points of applications
We highly recommend the Rheem RTE 13 for those who need hot water in a specific area of their home like a bathroom or kitchen. As the RTE 13 has a maximum flow rating of just four gallons per minute, it will provide enough for a single bath or sink of dishes but may not meet the needs of your whole house.