Rinnai RUC98iN Ultra Series Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater Review
Are you tired of watching your family waste water every time they need to shower? With a tankless water heater, you limit the amount of water that is available, which keeps your family from wasting it and keeps your water bills from skyrocketing.
The Rinnai RUC98iN Ultra Series Natural Gas is a smart choice for homes that use natural gas because it comes with most of the accessories and parts that you need for installation. With a 9.8 gallon per minute flow rating, it provides you with lots of hot water too.
- Has a maximum flow rate of 9.8 gallons per minute
- Measures 26 inches long by 18.5 inches wide and 10 inches deep
- Has a residential warranty that covers the heat exchanger for 12 years and all other parts for five years
- Comes with a one-year warranty on labor that you can increase to five years
- Energy Star rating lets you know that the water heater will use less power to lower your bills
- Weighs 82 pounds when removed from the box and slightly more when shipped to your home
- Has a maximum BTU rating of 199,000 units
- Requires a concentric or twin pipe installation
- Meets all emissions standards in both Texas and California
- Requires concentric venting for installing it but can also work with twin PVC pipes
- Energy Star rated with an energy efficiency rating of 0.96 to help you save on water heating costs
- Space-saving design gives you access to all the features you need while also helping you save on space
- Lets you select a maximum temperature of between 98 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Will work in both commercial buildings and residential homes
- Can be even more effective when used with one of the controllers available from the manufacturer
- Improves the overall water heating efficiency of your home
- Includes a power button, temperature control buttons and other buttons as well as a digital screen on the front
- Past customers experienced tankless heater failures and other problems within one to three years of installing it
- Some models have a poor ignition system that can make the heater fail
Our final verdict is that the RUC98iN Ultra Series Natural Gas is a good model of heater for most homes, especially those living in Texas and California. It meets all emissions standards and regulations used by those states. You can also install this heater in a commercial building.
The Rinnai has an energy efficiency rating of .96 and a 9.8 gallon per minute rating to provide you with more hot water while preventing your family from wasting that water.